Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Smile

She smiles.

Her silky greens glitter under the gentle morning sunshine.

She dances, swaying to the intermittent rushes and whistling of the winds.

I smile back.

At once, the string that’s been tightening around my heart loosens.

And thus let loose of all tension from my body.

For a brief moment I know not where I am and what I am chasing.

I know I’m smiling.

For a while, that's all I'm doing.

The blaring horn from the car behind cut short of my reverie.

The light had already turned from red to green.

I bid farewell to the carefree little tree on the dividing curb.

I’ve seen her thousands times on my way to work every morning.

As I shift my gear into Drive and step on the accelerator, colors of the road ahead suddenly take on a soothing shade.

All thanks to a smile.


5 comments:

clair said...

Good to know I'm not the only person on Planet Earth who sees wonders in the grass on the road divider at the traffic lights too (LOL).

KentuckyGal said...

I like it! Ah, the power of daydreams. :)

Giving Girl said...

That's a great little poem. You know the sun smiles too :)

~JoAnNi~ said...

Thats such a sweet poem. =) But u know what would be way better than smiling at a tree? SMiling at a real person. ;)

Bigdaddyrichard said...

Unique blog...sure wish I can be just as expressive as you are but I am always at a loss for words. Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails